– 2 pounds Brussels sprouts – off the stem
– 6 Tablespoons Garlic Olive Oil
– 3 Tablespoons Lemon Olive Oil
– 3 Tablespoons Pineapple White Balsamic
– salt & pepper to taste
– Pineapple (optional)
1) Wash 2 lbs of brussel sprouts. Trim ends and discard outside leaves and blemished leaves. Cut brussel sprouts in half and set aside. (do not toss the extra leaves that fall off at this point)
2) In a large non stick skillet, place a thin coating of Garlic olive oil (approx 2 tablespoons) into the pan that is hot and has been set on medium . Turn the heat down to medium low and place as many of the brussel sprouts, cut side down, that will fill the bottom of the pan in a single layer. Place the lid on the pan. Cook on medium to medium low until brussel spouts are golden on the cut side and about 3/4 of the way tender.
3) Toss the brussel sprouts in the pan with 1 Tablespoon lemon olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Spread out into a single layer again, flipping to the leafy side of the sprouts and replace the lid. Continue to saute another 2 minutes or until the brussel sprouts are tender . Add 1 Tablespoon of Pineapple Balsamic to the pan and toss. Remove from heat and place sprouts into a bowl.
4) Repeat the process until all the brussel sprouts are cooked. Amount of olive oil indicated in the recipe is based on completing the pan fry three times.
It will take several repeats to complete the 2 lbs of brussel sprouts – depending on pan size. Recommended frying pan size is no greater than 2 inches larger than the burner on which it is being used to allow for even browning of the brussel sprouts . When reheating the Brussels sprouts, an optional presentation is to toss with pineapple chunks ( 15 oz – without juice ) or freshly cut and cubed pineapple.