– 2 pounds Brussels sprouts – off the stem
– 6 Tablespoons We Olive Garlic Olive Oil
– 3 Tablespoons We Olive Lemon Olive Oil
– 3 Tablespoons We Olive Pineapple Balsamic
– salt & pepper to taste
– Pineapple (optional)
1) Wash 2 lbs of brussels sprouts. Trim ends and discard outside leaves and blemished leaves. Cut brussels sprouts in half and set aside. (do not toss the extra leaves that fall off at this point)
2) In a large non stick skillet place a thin coating of Garlic olive oil (approx 2 TBL spoons) into the pan that is hot and has been set on medium . Turn the heat down to medium low and place as many of the brussels sprouts , cut side down ,that will fill the bottom of the pan in a single layer. . Place the lid on the pan. Cook on medium to medium low until brussels spouts are golden on the cut side and about 3/4 of the way tender.
3) Toss the brussels sprouts in the pan with 1 Tablespoon lemon olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Spread out into a single layer again , flipping to the leafy side of the sprouts and replace the lid. Continue to saute another 2 minutes or until the brussels sprouts are tender . Add 1 Tablespoon of Pineapple Balsamic to the pan and toss. Remove from heat and place sprouts into a bowl.
4) Repeat the processs until all the brussels sprouts are cooked. Amount of olive oil indicated n the recipe is based on completing the pan fry three times.
It will take several repeats to complete the 2 lbs of brussels sprouts – depending on pan size . Recommended frying pan size is no greater than 2 inches larger than the burner on which it is being used to allow for even browning of the brussels sprouts . When reheating the Brussels sprouts , an optional presentation is to toss with pineapple chunks ( 15 oz – without juice ) or freshly cut and cubed pineapple.