Source: Chrystal Baker, adapted by Diahann Smith of Florida Dairy Farmers
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Blood Orange Olive Oil, plus 1 tsp to grease pan
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Drizzle 1/2 tsp of blood orange olive oil into a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan and coat the bottom, sides, and edges. Line the pan with parchment paper, trimming the edges as necessary, but leaving enough overhang to create ‘handles’ that will make it east to remove the cake from the pan. Rub the remaining 1/2 tsp of blood orange olive oil along the paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, eggs, sugar, blood orange olive oil and lemon juice until combined.
- Scrape the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk again until smooth and lump free. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes, or until nicely browned. A cake tester inserted in the middle of the cake should come out clean once it is done baking.
- Sprinkle top with powdered sugar if you wish!