– 1 ½ pounds fresh beets
– ⅓ cup arugula blossoms (optional)
– 8 oz. chèvre (fresh goat cheese)
– 6 cups baby arugula or mixed greens
– 1 cup whole pecans, toasted
– ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons White A-Premium balsamic vinegar
– 1 tablespoon good quality grainy mustard
– fresh ground pepper to taste
– ⅓ cup + 2 tablespoons River Run Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1) Preheat the oven to 400.
Trim the beets and wrap in one foil packet drizzled with a tablespoon of water.
Roast for 1 hour or until tender when pierced through with a knife.
Once the cooked beets are cool enough to handle, peel them by rubbing the skin off between paper towels.
2) Cut the peeled beets into 1″ pieces and toss with 2 tablespoons of white balsamic whisked together with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and set aside.
3) In a medium-size bowl, whisk the remaining white balsamic with the grainy mustard until well combined.
Slowly drizzle in your olive oil of choice, whisking constantly until the mixture is thickened or emulsified.
Add freshly ground pepper and sea salt to taste.
4) Arrange the greens in a bowl or on a platter and dress with the white balsamic vinaigrette.
Add the marinated roasted beets to the salad, along with the crumbled fresh goat cheese, and toasted pecans.