– 6 cups (or 4 good handfuls) of mesclun or spring mix salad
– 3 tbsp gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbles
– 20 grape tomatoes sliced in half
– 1 cup fresh blueberries or raspberries
– ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
– 4 tbsp River Run Lemon Olive Oil
– 2 to 3 tbsp River Run Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar
– 1 tsp Dijon mustard
1) In a dry frying pan over medium heat, toast the almonds on the stove – watching closely that they brown but don’t burn. Set them aside to cool off.
2) In a large salad bowl, toss the mesclun or spring salad mix, the gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbles, the sliced grape tomatoes, the blueberries or raspberries and the cooled toasted almonds.
3) In a resealable jar, combine the oil, vinegar and Dijon mustard. Close the lid tightly and shake vigorously. Although the usual ratio for vinaigrette is 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar, a higher ratio of vinegar to oil is recommended for this dressing. Taste test as you add the vinegar to see if you agree! I prefer 3 tbsp. of vinegar to 4 tbsp. of oil.
4) When you are ready to eat salad, before, during or after your meal, dress the salad with the vinaigrette.